RSS, VHP leaders meet to discuss Ayodhya title suit case
New Delhi: A day before the Special Bench
of the Allahabad High Court meets to make a last ditch effort
to find an amicable solution to the Ayodhya case, leaders of
RSS and VHP today held a marathon meeting here to discuss the
VHP President Ashok Singhal and General Secretary
Pravin Togadia reached the RSS office here this morning and
held discussions with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Before pronouncing its verdict on the 60-year-old
Ayodhya title suit on September 24, the Special Bench has
called the lawyers of the parties to the dispute tomorrow to
find ways for resolving the case through reconciliation.
The RSS and VHP leaders are understood to have
discussed the possible scenario emerging out of the latest
effort by the Allahabad High Court to find an amicable
If no solution is found, the Bench would pronounce its
judgement on September 24.
Bhagwat has already made it clear that RSS` response to
the verdict will be "within the limits of law, Constitution
and democratic way."
"Hamare taraf se koi jhanjhat nahi hoga (there will be
no trouble from our side)," Bhagwat had said here on Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters at Sangh`s Delhi headquarters
Keshav Kunj, RSS leader Ram Madhav said the organisation was
hopeful that the court verdict would be "in favour of building
He also said that the best way to solve the issue
would be through a legislation by Parliament.
"We call upon the government to explore the
possibility of bringing legislation facilitating the
construction of temple," Madhav said.
He reiterated the Sangh`s stand that it favoured
construction of a "grand Ram Temple" at the disputed site.
RSS sources said the two VHP leaders also addressed
the regional campaigners (pradeshik pracharak) of the RSS who
have converged here for a two-day conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read