RSS, VHP leaders meet to discuss Ayodhya title suit case
New Delhi: A day before the Special Bench
of the Allahabad High Court meets to make a last ditch effort
to find an amicable solution to the Ayodhya case, leaders of
RSS and VHP today held a marathon meeting here to discuss the
VHP President Ashok Singhal and General Secretary
Pravin Togadia reached the RSS office here this morning and
held discussions with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Before pronouncing its verdict on the 60-year-old
Ayodhya title suit on September 24, the Special Bench has
called the lawyers of the parties to the dispute tomorrow to
find ways for resolving the case through reconciliation.
The RSS and VHP leaders are understood to have
discussed the possible scenario emerging out of the latest
effort by the Allahabad High Court to find an amicable
If no solution is found, the Bench would pronounce its
judgement on September 24.
Bhagwat has already made it clear that RSS` response to
the verdict will be "within the limits of law, Constitution
and democratic way."
"Hamare taraf se koi jhanjhat nahi hoga (there will be
no trouble from our side)," Bhagwat had said here on Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters at Sangh`s Delhi headquarters
Keshav Kunj, RSS leader Ram Madhav said the organisation was
hopeful that the court verdict would be "in favour of building
He also said that the best way to solve the issue
would be through a legislation by Parliament.
"We call upon the government to explore the
possibility of bringing legislation facilitating the
construction of temple," Madhav said.
He reiterated the Sangh`s stand that it favoured
construction of a "grand Ram Temple" at the disputed site.
RSS sources said the two VHP leaders also addressed
the regional campaigners (pradeshik pracharak) of the RSS who
have converged here for a two-day conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared