RSS, VHP leaders meet to discuss Ayodhya title suit case
New Delhi: A day before the Special Bench
of the Allahabad High Court meets to make a last ditch effort
to find an amicable solution to the Ayodhya case, leaders of
RSS and VHP today held a marathon meeting here to discuss the
VHP President Ashok Singhal and General Secretary
Pravin Togadia reached the RSS office here this morning and
held discussions with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat.
Before pronouncing its verdict on the 60-year-old
Ayodhya title suit on September 24, the Special Bench has
called the lawyers of the parties to the dispute tomorrow to
find ways for resolving the case through reconciliation.
The RSS and VHP leaders are understood to have
discussed the possible scenario emerging out of the latest
effort by the Allahabad High Court to find an amicable
If no solution is found, the Bench would pronounce its
judgement on September 24.
Bhagwat has already made it clear that RSS` response to
the verdict will be "within the limits of law, Constitution
and democratic way."
"Hamare taraf se koi jhanjhat nahi hoga (there will be
no trouble from our side)," Bhagwat had said here on Tuesday.
Speaking to reporters at Sangh`s Delhi headquarters
Keshav Kunj, RSS leader Ram Madhav said the organisation was
hopeful that the court verdict would be "in favour of building
He also said that the best way to solve the issue
would be through a legislation by Parliament.
"We call upon the government to explore the
possibility of bringing legislation facilitating the
construction of temple," Madhav said.
He reiterated the Sangh`s stand that it favoured
construction of a "grand Ram Temple" at the disputed site.
RSS sources said the two VHP leaders also addressed
the regional campaigners (pradeshik pracharak) of the RSS who
have converged here for a two-day conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi