RSS, VHP oppose any move on granting of autonomy to J&K
Jammu: The Sangh Parivar today opposed
any move by the Centre to consider granting of autonomy to
Jammu and Kashmir.
The Prime Minister should come out clearly that there
will be no deliberations on the issue of autonomy," Surinder
Jain, the spokesman of VHP International, told reporters here.
"Rather the Prime Minister should implement the all
party resolution of 1994 in Parliament to get Pakistan-
occupied Kashmir (PoK) vacated and making it a part of J&K,"
Referring to the meeting between the Prime Minister and
an all-party delegation from J-K in New Delhi on Tuesday, the
VHP leader claimed that it had emboldened the militant and
separatist elements in the Kashmir Valley.
Warning the Centre that the "nationalist people of J&K
will not accept the proposal of autonomy", the RSS claimed
that if government proceeds in this direction it would have to
face the wrath of the "people of Jammu, Ladakh and nationalist
forces of Kashmir".
The Sangh also asked the state and central governments
to take stern action against separatists and anti-national
elements "so that the nationalist people of the Valley can
express their views freely.
"Stone-pelters are not innocent and they are being
motivated and guided by separatists in different areas of the
valley," RSS state incharge Suchet Singh told reporters here.
The separatists have also used old men, women and
children as shields, he alleged and demanded that Army be
called in to help the civil administration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference