RSS, VHP oppose any move on granting of autonomy to J&K
Jammu: The Sangh Parivar today opposed
any move by the Centre to consider granting of autonomy to
Jammu and Kashmir.
The Prime Minister should come out clearly that there
will be no deliberations on the issue of autonomy," Surinder
Jain, the spokesman of VHP International, told reporters here.
"Rather the Prime Minister should implement the all
party resolution of 1994 in Parliament to get Pakistan-
occupied Kashmir (PoK) vacated and making it a part of J&K,"
Referring to the meeting between the Prime Minister and
an all-party delegation from J-K in New Delhi on Tuesday, the
VHP leader claimed that it had emboldened the militant and
separatist elements in the Kashmir Valley.
Warning the Centre that the "nationalist people of J&K
will not accept the proposal of autonomy", the RSS claimed
that if government proceeds in this direction it would have to
face the wrath of the "people of Jammu, Ladakh and nationalist
forces of Kashmir".
The Sangh also asked the state and central governments
to take stern action against separatists and anti-national
elements "so that the nationalist people of the Valley can
express their views freely.
"Stone-pelters are not innocent and they are being
motivated and guided by separatists in different areas of the
valley," RSS state incharge Suchet Singh told reporters here.
The separatists have also used old men, women and
children as shields, he alleged and demanded that Army be
called in to help the civil administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof