RSS, VHP to revive Hindutva at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: BJP’s ideological founder the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is set to revive the Hindutva agenda by shifting the focus back on the construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Reports, Tuesday, said that the top RSS ideologues, who are due to meet tomorrow during an event organized by its affiliate Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), will deliberate on how to resurrect the Ram temple issue that was once the main political plank of the BJP
According to the sources, during the day-long meet, the RSS and the VHP top brass is expected to set a new deadline for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
The VHP has begun to distribute pamphlets on the Ram temple – a move backed by the saints, pontiffs and heads of the religious sects.
During the day-long meet, the VHP, RSS top brass is also expected to chalk out a strategy on how to harness a soft Hindutva appeal in the run-up to the 2014 General Elections.
In order to set the stage for pushing its Hindutva agenda, the RSS is also expected to kickoff a “Hindu awakening" drive next year covering three lakh villages.
The VHP-sponsored meet will be attended by top RSS functionaries and BJP leaders, including new party president Rajnath Singh.
However, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will not be there. Modi will, instead, come to Allahabad on February 12. VHP has clarified that it has not invited Modi for tomorrow’s meet and also denied that during the Maha Kumbh meet the Gujarat leader will be endorsed as BJP’s candidate for the Prime Minister’s post in 2014.
The insiders say that the firebrand Gujarat leader is being strategically kept away from the VHP-backed event since the RSS does not its top leadership to join the ‘Modi as PM’ debate.
The sources further say that the BJP also plans to induct Modi into the party`s parliamentary board asking him to lead the party`s campaign committee for the Lok Sabha elections.
The RSS` plan for 2014 is simple and clear – keeping the focus on Hindutva with the help of VHP, and the BJP putting up concerted efforts to win votes on an agenda of good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon