RSS, VHP to revive Hindutva at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: BJP’s ideological founder the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is set to revive the Hindutva agenda by shifting the focus back on the construction of a grand Ram temple in Ayodhya.
Reports, Tuesday, said that the top RSS ideologues, who are due to meet tomorrow during an event organized by its affiliate Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), will deliberate on how to resurrect the Ram temple issue that was once the main political plank of the BJP
According to the sources, during the day-long meet, the RSS and the VHP top brass is expected to set a new deadline for the construction of a Ram temple in Ayodhya.
The VHP has begun to distribute pamphlets on the Ram temple – a move backed by the saints, pontiffs and heads of the religious sects.
During the day-long meet, the VHP, RSS top brass is also expected to chalk out a strategy on how to harness a soft Hindutva appeal in the run-up to the 2014 General Elections.
In order to set the stage for pushing its Hindutva agenda, the RSS is also expected to kickoff a “Hindu awakening" drive next year covering three lakh villages.
The VHP-sponsored meet will be attended by top RSS functionaries and BJP leaders, including new party president Rajnath Singh.
However, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will not be there. Modi will, instead, come to Allahabad on February 12. VHP has clarified that it has not invited Modi for tomorrow’s meet and also denied that during the Maha Kumbh meet the Gujarat leader will be endorsed as BJP’s candidate for the Prime Minister’s post in 2014.
The insiders say that the firebrand Gujarat leader is being strategically kept away from the VHP-backed event since the RSS does not its top leadership to join the ‘Modi as PM’ debate.
The sources further say that the BJP also plans to induct Modi into the party`s parliamentary board asking him to lead the party`s campaign committee for the Lok Sabha elections.
The RSS` plan for 2014 is simple and clear – keeping the focus on Hindutva with the help of VHP, and the BJP putting up concerted efforts to win votes on an agenda of good governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in