RSS welcomes execution of Afzal Guru
New Delhi: RSS on Saturday welcomed the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru though it came after some delay and insisted that all Indians should rise above their differences to oppose terrorism unitedly.
"We welcome the implementation, albeit after a delay, of the Supreme Court order to hang Afzal Guru, the principal conspirator of the Parliament House attack of 2001. The Central government should have taken this decision earlier," RSS All-India propaganda chief Manmohan Vaidya said in a statement.
The RSS founthead has often criticised the Congress-led UPA government in the past for delaying the hanging of Guru despite the Supreme Court upholding the death sentence.
"In future also, all Indians should rise above partisan politics and unitedly fight against terrorism," Vaidya said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav also welcomed Guru`s hanging.
"Guru had challenged the sovereign power of India by attacking our Parliament. He deserved to be shown that power," Madhav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Mario Goetze returns home: Germany's World Cup hero leaves Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series
- MHA counters Delhi govt's claims on bureaucrats