RSS welcomes execution of Afzal Guru
New Delhi: RSS on Saturday welcomed the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru though it came after some delay and insisted that all Indians should rise above their differences to oppose terrorism unitedly.
"We welcome the implementation, albeit after a delay, of the Supreme Court order to hang Afzal Guru, the principal conspirator of the Parliament House attack of 2001. The Central government should have taken this decision earlier," RSS All-India propaganda chief Manmohan Vaidya said in a statement.
The RSS founthead has often criticised the Congress-led UPA government in the past for delaying the hanging of Guru despite the Supreme Court upholding the death sentence.
"In future also, all Indians should rise above partisan politics and unitedly fight against terrorism," Vaidya said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav also welcomed Guru`s hanging.
"Guru had challenged the sovereign power of India by attacking our Parliament. He deserved to be shown that power," Madhav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters