RSS welcomes execution of Afzal Guru
New Delhi: RSS on Saturday welcomed the execution of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru though it came after some delay and insisted that all Indians should rise above their differences to oppose terrorism unitedly.
"We welcome the implementation, albeit after a delay, of the Supreme Court order to hang Afzal Guru, the principal conspirator of the Parliament House attack of 2001. The Central government should have taken this decision earlier," RSS All-India propaganda chief Manmohan Vaidya said in a statement.
The RSS founthead has often criticised the Congress-led UPA government in the past for delaying the hanging of Guru despite the Supreme Court upholding the death sentence.
"In future also, all Indians should rise above partisan politics and unitedly fight against terrorism," Vaidya said.
RSS leader Ram Madhav also welcomed Guru`s hanging.
"Guru had challenged the sovereign power of India by attacking our Parliament. He deserved to be shown that power," Madhav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?