RSS workers distributed sweets after Mahatma Gandhi`s assassination: Khurshid
Farukkhabad: After Rahul Gandhi`s remark accusing RSS of having killed Mahatma Gandhi, Union Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday went a step further alleging that the Sangh volunteers had distributed sweets in their homes after the assassination.
"The RSS workers killed Mahatma Gandhi and after his assassination they distributed sweets in their homes," the Union Minister of External Affairs told reporters at Kaiamganj.
Khurshid, who was on a visit to his constituency, said that Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel had imposed a ban on the RSS.
While addressing a rally in Thane district of Maharashtra on March 6, the Congress vice president had alleged that it was "RSS people" who had killed Mahatma Gandhi.
"RSS people killed Gandhiji and today their people (BJP) talk of him...They opposed Sardar Patel and Gandhiji," Rahul had said in his speech, drawing strong criticism from BJP and RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read