RSS workers distributed sweets after Mahatma Gandhi`s assassination: Khurshid
Farukkhabad: After Rahul Gandhi`s remark accusing RSS of having killed Mahatma Gandhi, Union Minister Salman Khurshid on Friday went a step further alleging that the Sangh volunteers had distributed sweets in their homes after the assassination.
"The RSS workers killed Mahatma Gandhi and after his assassination they distributed sweets in their homes," the Union Minister of External Affairs told reporters at Kaiamganj.
Khurshid, who was on a visit to his constituency, said that Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel had imposed a ban on the RSS.
While addressing a rally in Thane district of Maharashtra on March 6, the Congress vice president had alleged that it was "RSS people" who had killed Mahatma Gandhi.
"RSS people killed Gandhiji and today their people (BJP) talk of him...They opposed Sardar Patel and Gandhiji," Rahul had said in his speech, drawing strong criticism from BJP and RSS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'