RTI activist attacked in Porbandar
Rajkot: An RTI activist was attacked on Friday by three unidentified men with a sharp edged weapon in Porbandar district of Gujarat, police said.
Bhagubhai Devani, an advocate by profession was attacked by the unidentified trio with a knife near his residence in Rajiv Nagar area, they said.
Devani has been fighting against illegal mining and construction and also filed a writ petition in Gujarat High Court in this regard, police said, adding that the attack was believed to be fall out of his protest.
Devani has been admitted to a private hospital and a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding culprits, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai