RTI activist attacked in Porbandar
Rajkot: An RTI activist was attacked on Friday by three unidentified men with a sharp edged weapon in Porbandar district of Gujarat, police said.
Bhagubhai Devani, an advocate by profession was attacked by the unidentified trio with a knife near his residence in Rajiv Nagar area, they said.
Devani has been fighting against illegal mining and construction and also filed a writ petition in Gujarat High Court in this regard, police said, adding that the attack was believed to be fall out of his protest.
Devani has been admitted to a private hospital and a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief