RTI activist attacked in Porbandar
Rajkot: An RTI activist was attacked on Friday by three unidentified men with a sharp edged weapon in Porbandar district of Gujarat, police said.
Bhagubhai Devani, an advocate by profession was attacked by the unidentified trio with a knife near his residence in Rajiv Nagar area, they said.
Devani has been fighting against illegal mining and construction and also filed a writ petition in Gujarat High Court in this regard, police said, adding that the attack was believed to be fall out of his protest.
Devani has been admitted to a private hospital and a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen