RTI activist attacked in Porbandar
Rajkot: An RTI activist was attacked on Friday by three unidentified men with a sharp edged weapon in Porbandar district of Gujarat, police said.
Bhagubhai Devani, an advocate by profession was attacked by the unidentified trio with a knife near his residence in Rajiv Nagar area, they said.
Devani has been fighting against illegal mining and construction and also filed a writ petition in Gujarat High Court in this regard, police said, adding that the attack was believed to be fall out of his protest.
Devani has been admitted to a private hospital and a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice