RTI activist attacked in Porbandar
Rajkot: An RTI activist was attacked on Friday by three unidentified men with a sharp edged weapon in Porbandar district of Gujarat, police said.
Bhagubhai Devani, an advocate by profession was attacked by the unidentified trio with a knife near his residence in Rajiv Nagar area, they said.
Devani has been fighting against illegal mining and construction and also filed a writ petition in Gujarat High Court in this regard, police said, adding that the attack was believed to be fall out of his protest.
Devani has been admitted to a private hospital and a manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India