RTI applicant from ‘Taboot’ wants Taliban`s address
New Delhi: What is the email address and postal address of Taliban?
The question seeking details of contact information about dreaded terror group in Afghanistan was directed at Supreme Court by a curious RTI applicant based in `Taboot` (Urdu word for coffin) Street in Pune.
RTI applicant Kailash Pyarelal Nanda sought from Supreme Court the fate of a PIL filed by her along with the total address including the email-id of Taliban.
Unable to provide answers to RTI query, the Central Public Information Officer of the Supreme Court preferred to remain silent on the address issue and just gave the status of her PIL mentioning that her petition was not found to be covered under the PIL guidelines and hence `lodged` (kept in file).
At the hearing before the Central Information Commission, applicant`s son Rajiv submitted that they want their grievance to be referred to CBI or any other independent agency for investigation as they had no faith in the local police.
He expressed his disappointment that the apex court did not find merit in the PIL filed by them.
Chief Information Commissioner Satyananda Mishra, after hearing the arguments, told him that the status of PIL has been communicated to his mother.
"As far as the address of the Taliban is concerned, it is understandable that the CPIO could not have provided any such information as there is no such information in existence," Mishra said while dismissing the plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security