Ruchika case: CBI concludes arguments
Chandigarh: The CBI on Saturday completed its
arguments on presentation of evidence before a local court
hearing three pleas relating to the conviction of disgraced
former top cop SPS Rathore for molesting teenager Ruchika.
Former Haryana DGP Rathore, awarded 6-month imprisonment
last December by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girohtra,
had challenged his conviction before a Sessions court.
The CBI and relatives of budding tennis player Ruchika
had also filed petitions seeking enhancement of sentence for
Additional District Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh is
hearing the three pleas on a day-to-day basis. The proceedings
are held in camera.
After the CBI completed its arguments on presentation of
evidence, the Judge adjourned the hearing on the three pleas
"The CBI had concluded reading out of its evidence,"
Ruchika`s family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj told reporters outside
He said the CBI had sought maximum punishment of two
years for Rathore.
On Thursday, Rathore`s counsel had completed their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley