Ruchika case: CBI concludes arguments
Chandigarh: The CBI on Saturday completed its
arguments on presentation of evidence before a local court
hearing three pleas relating to the conviction of disgraced
former top cop SPS Rathore for molesting teenager Ruchika.
Former Haryana DGP Rathore, awarded 6-month imprisonment
last December by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girohtra,
had challenged his conviction before a Sessions court.
The CBI and relatives of budding tennis player Ruchika
had also filed petitions seeking enhancement of sentence for
Additional District Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh is
hearing the three pleas on a day-to-day basis. The proceedings
are held in camera.
After the CBI completed its arguments on presentation of
evidence, the Judge adjourned the hearing on the three pleas
"The CBI had concluded reading out of its evidence,"
Ruchika`s family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj told reporters outside
He said the CBI had sought maximum punishment of two
years for Rathore.
On Thursday, Rathore`s counsel had completed their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical