Ruchika case: CBI concludes arguments
Chandigarh: The CBI on Saturday completed its
arguments on presentation of evidence before a local court
hearing three pleas relating to the conviction of disgraced
former top cop SPS Rathore for molesting teenager Ruchika.
Former Haryana DGP Rathore, awarded 6-month imprisonment
last December by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girohtra,
had challenged his conviction before a Sessions court.
The CBI and relatives of budding tennis player Ruchika
had also filed petitions seeking enhancement of sentence for
Additional District Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh is
hearing the three pleas on a day-to-day basis. The proceedings
are held in camera.
After the CBI completed its arguments on presentation of
evidence, the Judge adjourned the hearing on the three pleas
"The CBI had concluded reading out of its evidence,"
Ruchika`s family lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj told reporters outside
He said the CBI had sought maximum punishment of two
years for Rathore.
On Thursday, Rathore`s counsel had completed their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh