Ruchika case: Chandigarh school seeks more time to reply
New Delhi: The Chandigarh school of
Ruchika Girotra, who committed suicide after being molested by
former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, has sought more time to reply
to CBSE`s notice seeking explanation for expelling her.
Sacred Heart Convent School in Chandigarh, which was
asked by Central Board of Secondary Education to explain its
action by February end, has sought 15 days more to submit
The CBSE has given time till February 13 to the school
to explain why it expelled Ruchika 19 years ago, a HRD
Ministry official said.
A magisterial inquiry had earlier indicted the school
for "wrongfully expelling" Ruchika.
The inquiry by the sub-divisional magistrate Prerna
Puri had said non-payment of fees in time was not a
satisfactory reason for her expulsion. It suggested action
against the school and its Principal Sister Sebastina for
expelling her allegedly under pressure from Rathore.
Out of 135 students, who had not paid the fees,
Ruchika was the only student to be expelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family