Ruchika case: Chandigarh school seeks more time to reply
New Delhi: The Chandigarh school of
Ruchika Girotra, who committed suicide after being molested by
former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, has sought more time to reply
to CBSE`s notice seeking explanation for expelling her.
Sacred Heart Convent School in Chandigarh, which was
asked by Central Board of Secondary Education to explain its
action by February end, has sought 15 days more to submit
The CBSE has given time till February 13 to the school
to explain why it expelled Ruchika 19 years ago, a HRD
Ministry official said.
A magisterial inquiry had earlier indicted the school
for "wrongfully expelling" Ruchika.
The inquiry by the sub-divisional magistrate Prerna
Puri had said non-payment of fees in time was not a
satisfactory reason for her expulsion. It suggested action
against the school and its Principal Sister Sebastina for
expelling her allegedly under pressure from Rathore.
Out of 135 students, who had not paid the fees,
Ruchika was the only student to be expelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000