Ruchika case: Complainant ready for Narco-test
Panchkula (Haryana): Accepting the challenge of disgraced former Haryana police chief SPS Rathore, convicted of molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra, complainant Anand Parkash has said he and his family were ready for a narco-analysis test.
Parkash, waging a legal battle to seek justice for Ruchika, who was his daughter Aradhana`s friend, said he was ready to undergo the lie-detector test as desired by Rathore.
"We are ready. In fact, we are ready for any test. If we are found lying, police are free to hang us. If Rathore is found guilty, he should be immediately hanged," an upset Parkash told IANS Monday.
Parkash accused Rathore, who evaded arrest for nearly two decades, of coming up with the demand for a narco-test to delay legal action against him (Rathore).
He said: "Rathore and his wife are making a fool of the police machinery and judiciary. By making such frivolous demands, they are just buying time."
In a statement to the Haryana government, Rathore said that he was ready to undergo narco-analysis if the victim`s family and the complainant`s family also took the test.
Rathore has been served a notice asking him why his pension should not be stopped and his medals withdrawn after his conviction in December in the Ruchika molestation case by a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court here. Ruchika committed suicide in 1993.
Ruchika`s father S.C. Girhotra also accused Rathore of trying to delay the legal process. "The CBI has all the proof against him. There is no need for any other test," he said.
Rathore has been sentenced to six months rigorous imprisonment and fined Rs.1,000. But he was granted bail immediately. He continues to be on bail till April as he has challenged his conviction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured