Ruchika case: Rathore`s appeal against conviction admitted
Chandigarh: A Sessions court here on Tuesday
admitted an appeal of disgraced former top cop S P S Rathore
against the recent judgement of a CBI court convicting him for
molesting teenager Ruchika Girhotra 19 years ago.
The appeal will come for hearing before Additional
District and Sessions Judge R S Attri tomorrow.
The CBI court last week sentenced Rathore, the former
Haryana DGP, to six-month imprisonment for molesting the
budding tennis player in 1990.
The designated court also slapped a fine of Rs 1,000 on
Rathore, who retired in 2002, was the IGP when he
molested 14-year-old Ruchika on August 12, 1990. The girl
committed suicide in December 1993.
Earlier in the day, the Punjab and Haryana High Court
issued a notice to the CBI, returnable for January 18, on
Rathore`s petitions seeking anticipatory bail in fresh FIRs,
containing serious criminal charges, filed against him.
He also sought quashing of an FIR which charges him
with abetment to suicide in the Ruchika molestation case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers