Ruchika case: Rathore’s attacker gets bail
Chandigarh: A young man, who allegedly
inflicted knife injuries on former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore,
convicted in the Ruchika molestation case, was on Friday granted
bail by a local court here.
29-year-old Utsav Sharma, who is said to be suffering
from a psychological disorder, was enlarged on bail by a Civil
Judge-cum-Magistrate Palwinderjit Kaur on a bond of Rs 50,000.
The court fixed February 24 as the next date of hearing.
Sharma, a student in Ahmedabad`s prestigious NID, had
stabbed 68-year-old Rathore thrice in the face with a pocket
knife on Monday while posing as a journalist. The incident
occurred when former the IPS officer was coming out of the
court after a hearing.
Sharma, who was arrested immediately, was on Tuesday
remanded in a day`s police custody.
His father Prof Sushil Kumar Sharma and his mother Prof
Indra Sharma, who had arrived here from Varanasi on Tuesday,
were present in the court.
Sharma`s counsel submitted before the judge that the boy
belonged to a well to do family with his parents being
professors and that he had no criminal background.
Speaking to media outside the court, his mother said
"punishment should be given to those who do some wrong and not
"My son is innocent," she claimed, adding that "the
people holding administrative posts need to be sensitised
towards common people."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!