Ruchika case: Rathore`s conditional offer for Narco test
Chandigarh: Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore,
convicted in the Ruchika molestation case, says he is ready to
undergo a Narco analysis test if the family of the victim and
a sole eyewitness also take the same test.
67-year-old Rathore made the conditional offer to clear
what he claimed were "lies" being spread against him by the
family of 14-year-old Ruchika Girhotra and her friend
Aradhana, the eyewitness. Ruchika committed suicide in 1993,
three years after being molested by the IPS officer.
"It`s my moral duty to offer myself to the Narco test,
provided that Ruchika`s father S C Girhotra and brother Ashu,
Anand Prakash, a family friend of the Girhotras, his wife
Madhu and sole witness in the case Aradhana (Anand`s daughter),
also undergo the test," he has said in a recent communication
to the state government.
Madhu Prakash dismissed Rathore`s offer as a dilatory
tactic but said her family was ready to undergo the test.
"I think, these are only dilatory tactics being adopted
by him. But, if this is what he wants, we are ready," she
Rathore said, "Ruchika and the Prakash families have been
spreading lies through the media all over the country and they
have succeeded in getting three new false FIRs registered
Rathore said he will undergo the Narco test at his own
risk knowing fully well the risks involved on account of a
heart surgery undergone by him.
The CBI has registered three fresh cases, including
abetment to suicide, against the disgraced police officer in
Rathore`s communication came by way of his response to
the notice served upon him by the government for withdrawal of
his pension benefits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested