Ruchika case: Rathore`s parole plea rejected
Panchkula: Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore’s, convicted for molesting budding tennis player Ruchika Girhotra
two decades ago, plea for parole has been rejected by the
district administration, officials said Saturday.
Rathore, who is lodged in Burail jail in Chandigarh
after he was awarded 18-month prison term on May 25, had
sought 10-day parole on grounds that he had to get some work
done on his agricultural land in Panchkula, they said.
The plea has been rejected following the report of the
Revenue Department officials that no sowing or harvesting was
to be done on the land belonging to Rathore family in a nearby
village, they said.
After Rathore`s conviction by a local court, his
lawyer wife Abha had on May 26 filed a revision petition in
the High Court which was also rejected by Justice Jitendra
Chauhan earlier this week.
14-year-old Ruchika was molested by Rathore, the then
Haryana Lawn Tennis Association president, in August 1990.
Three years later Ruchika committed suicide.
Anand Parkash, husband of Madhu Parkash, who was the
complainant in the case had objected to Rathore`s move seeking
release on parole.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof