Ruchika case: Report on school`s role within 1-2 days
Chandigarh: A senior city administration
official on Sunday said the probe team inquiring into the reasons
behind the alleged expulsion of Ruchika Girhotra from a school
here would quiz some more people before submitting the final
report within the next one or two days.
"The report is yet to be submitted to me. Sub-Divisional
Magistrate Prerna Puri, entrusted to carry out the probe,
yesterday questioned the school principal and few other
officials. She would also be quizzing two to three more people
of the school before submitting her report," Chandigarh`s
Home-cum-Education Secretary Ram Niwas said.
"Once the final report is with me, we will make it
public," he said.
Puri was in Sacred Heart School last evening and had
questioned principal Sister Sebastina who had returned to the
city after a visit to Kerala.
Sebastina was the principal in September 1990 when
Ruchika was allegedly expelled.
The family has alleged that she was expelled under
pressure from former Haryana top cop S P S Rathore, who was
recently sentenced to six months for molesting Ruchika, a
budding tennis player, in August 1990. Rathore had
subsequently got bail. The victim had committed suicide three
years later in December 1993.
The school has claimed that her name was struck off the
rolls due to non-payment of fees for six months from April
Puri had on Friday questioned the complainant in the
molestation case Madhu Parkash and recorded her statement and
that of her daughter Aradhna at their Panchkula residence.
The Chandigarh Administration on December 28 had ordered
an inquiry into the reasons behind the alleged expulsion of
Ruchika from school.
Meanwhile, Panchkula police sources said that they were
still awaiting legal opinion in connection with the complaint
under Section 306 (abetment to suicide) against Rathore and
others filed by Ashu Girhotra, Ruchika`s brother, who has
alleged that he was tortured, harassed and booked in false
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP