Ruchika: Verdict on Rathore`s plea today
Chandigarh: A Sessions Court here will pronounce its verdict Tuesday on the plea of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore challenging the six-month sentence awarded to him by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girhotra.
Ruchika`s family and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) have also filed petitions seeking enhancement of the sentence to maximum two years.
On May 20, Additional District and Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh had deferred the verdict on all
the pleas till May 25 saying he needed more time to complete the process of writing the judgement.
Rathore was sentenced to six-month imprisonment on December 21 last year by a CBI court for molesting teenager Ruchika in Panchkula on August 12, 1990. Three years after she was molested, the budding tennis player committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday