Ruchika: Verdict on Rathore`s plea today
Chandigarh: A Sessions Court here will pronounce its verdict Tuesday on the plea of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore challenging the six-month sentence awarded to him by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girhotra.
Ruchika`s family and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) have also filed petitions seeking enhancement of the sentence to maximum two years.
On May 20, Additional District and Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh had deferred the verdict on all
the pleas till May 25 saying he needed more time to complete the process of writing the judgement.
Rathore was sentenced to six-month imprisonment on December 21 last year by a CBI court for molesting teenager Ruchika in Panchkula on August 12, 1990. Three years after she was molested, the budding tennis player committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter