Ruchika: Verdict on Rathore`s plea today
Chandigarh: A Sessions Court here will pronounce its verdict Tuesday on the plea of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore challenging the six-month sentence awarded to him by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girhotra.
Ruchika`s family and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) have also filed petitions seeking enhancement of the sentence to maximum two years.
On May 20, Additional District and Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh had deferred the verdict on all
the pleas till May 25 saying he needed more time to complete the process of writing the judgement.
Rathore was sentenced to six-month imprisonment on December 21 last year by a CBI court for molesting teenager Ruchika in Panchkula on August 12, 1990. Three years after she was molested, the budding tennis player committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic