Ruchika: Verdict on Rathore`s plea today
Chandigarh: A Sessions Court here will pronounce its verdict Tuesday on the plea of former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore challenging the six-month sentence awarded to him by a CBI court for molesting Ruchika Girhotra.
Ruchika`s family and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) have also filed petitions seeking enhancement of the sentence to maximum two years.
On May 20, Additional District and Sessions Judge Gurbir Singh had deferred the verdict on all
the pleas till May 25 saying he needed more time to complete the process of writing the judgement.
Rathore was sentenced to six-month imprisonment on December 21 last year by a CBI court for molesting teenager Ruchika in Panchkula on August 12, 1990. Three years after she was molested, the budding tennis player committed suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!