Ruchira Kamboj named new Permanent Representative to UNESCO
New Delhi: Ruchira Kamboj, currently the Chief of Protocol, has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to UNESCO, Paris, with the rank of Ambassador.
The 1987-batch IFS officer, Kamboj will succeed V S Oberoi, an External Affairs Ministry release said.
"She is expected to take up her assignment shortly," it said.
Earlier, Vijay Keshav Gokhale, currently India`s High Commissioner to Malaysia, was appointed as the next Ambassador to Germany.
Gokhale is a 1981-batch IFS officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in