Ruchira Kamboj named new Permanent Representative to UNESCO
New Delhi: Ruchira Kamboj, currently the Chief of Protocol, has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to UNESCO, Paris, with the rank of Ambassador.
The 1987-batch IFS officer, Kamboj will succeed V S Oberoi, an External Affairs Ministry release said.
"She is expected to take up her assignment shortly," it said.
Earlier, Vijay Keshav Gokhale, currently India`s High Commissioner to Malaysia, was appointed as the next Ambassador to Germany.
Gokhale is a 1981-batch IFS officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred