Ruckus at AAP presser: BJP condemns ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman on Monday condemned the chaos which ensued at the press conference of Aam Aadmi Party in which ink was thrown at its leader Arvind Kejrwial.
Sitharaman posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter – "Condemn the disruption of AAP`s Press Conference. Understand the person is BJP IT Cell Tehsil in-charge, Tehsil Parner (District Ahmadnagar)."
However, in another post she wrote – "A correction: Shri Nachiket was with BJP IT Cell till 3 years ago. Since last 2 years he is active with IAC. He is currently not a member of the BJP. I reiterate my condemnation of the incident. Apologise for the incorrect details given earlier. I stand corrected."
As per reports, a man standing next to the stage threw a paper ball and ink at Arvind Kejriwal, even as he was addressing the press. The man also started shouting slogans in praise of social activist Anna Hazare.
He is said to be a BJP supporter, belonging to Maharashtra. He has charged the AAP of misusing the name of Anna Hazare. While talking to the reporters later on, he said that his name was Nachiketa. "They use Anna`s name. He is my guru. I am a political activist," he said.
Later the man was taken out of the room.
Speaking on the issue, Kejriwal said that the BJP and Congress had been conniving to put him and his party down.
"They are scared of our growing popularity," he said.
The press conference was called by Kejriwal in response to Anna Hazare`s letter in which he had demanded to know whether funds meant for the Jan Lokpal movement was being misused by the AAP for Delhi Assembly elections campaign.
He clarified that Rs 23 lakh meant for the Lokpal movement had been spent on the movement itself and no money from the donations had been spent on the campaign of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details