Russia cancels PM`s Bolshoi Theatre prog due to state mourning
Moscow: The gala closing ceremony of the
`Year of India in Russia` at the famous Bolshoi Theatre here
due to be attend by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his
counterpart Vladimir Putin tomorrow has been cancelled in the
wake of state mourning in memory of the 112 victims of the
nightclub fire tragedy.
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has declared
national mourning tomorrow in memory of 112 people killed in
nightclub fire on Friday night in Russia`s Urals city of Perm.
Under presidential decree flags will fly at half mast
in the country and all the theatres would be closed.
TV and radio stations have also cancel entertainment
programmes tomorrow when the funeral of victims of nightclub
fire would take place.
Prime Minister Singh arrived here today on a three-day
visit to Russia during which the two sides are expected to
sign a framework agreement on civil nuclear cooperation and
three defence pacts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'