Russia cancels PM`s Bolshoi Theatre prog due to state mourning
Moscow: The gala closing ceremony of the
`Year of India in Russia` at the famous Bolshoi Theatre here
due to be attend by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his
counterpart Vladimir Putin tomorrow has been cancelled in the
wake of state mourning in memory of the 112 victims of the
nightclub fire tragedy.
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has declared
national mourning tomorrow in memory of 112 people killed in
nightclub fire on Friday night in Russia`s Urals city of Perm.
Under presidential decree flags will fly at half mast
in the country and all the theatres would be closed.
TV and radio stations have also cancel entertainment
programmes tomorrow when the funeral of victims of nightclub
fire would take place.
Prime Minister Singh arrived here today on a three-day
visit to Russia during which the two sides are expected to
sign a framework agreement on civil nuclear cooperation and
three defence pacts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'