Russian Deputy PM to reach India on Wednesday
New Delhi: In first high-level visit from Russia after Narendra Modi government assumed power, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry O Rogozin will arrive here tomorrow on a two-day trip, during which the two sides are expected to deliberate on key bilateral and regional issues.
Rogozin will hold talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj tomorrow and will call on the Prime Minister on Thursday.
In their talks, both Swaraj and Rogozin are likely touch upon a range of bilateral and international issues of mutual interest.
Issues relating to economic cooperation, energy security and long-pending deal for the third and fourth reactors of Kudankulam power plant are likely to figure in the talks.
Russia has in-principle agreed to the Indian nuclear liability law, paving the way for signing a contract for unit 3 and 4 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in July.
Two units of KNPP have been set up by Russia in Tamil Nadu and the first unit has already been made operational.
India and Russia signed a general framework agreement on unit 3 and 4 in April this year after crossing the initial hurdles of the Civil Liability Nuclear Damage Act 2010.
The agreement could not be signed in October last year when the then Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh visited Russia, as Moscow had raised objection over some clauses of the Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!