Russian Deputy PM to reach India on Wednesday
New Delhi: In first high-level visit from Russia after Narendra Modi government assumed power, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry O Rogozin will arrive here tomorrow on a two-day trip, during which the two sides are expected to deliberate on key bilateral and regional issues.
Rogozin will hold talks with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj tomorrow and will call on the Prime Minister on Thursday.
In their talks, both Swaraj and Rogozin are likely touch upon a range of bilateral and international issues of mutual interest.
Issues relating to economic cooperation, energy security and long-pending deal for the third and fourth reactors of Kudankulam power plant are likely to figure in the talks.
Russia has in-principle agreed to the Indian nuclear liability law, paving the way for signing a contract for unit 3 and 4 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KNPP) in July.
Two units of KNPP have been set up by Russia in Tamil Nadu and the first unit has already been made operational.
India and Russia signed a general framework agreement on unit 3 and 4 in April this year after crossing the initial hurdles of the Civil Liability Nuclear Damage Act 2010.
The agreement could not be signed in October last year when the then Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh visited Russia, as Moscow had raised objection over some clauses of the Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know where is Katrina Kaif's paradise? Watch video
- READ: What Suresh Raina said after Gujarat Lions' dream IPL run ended in Qualifier 2
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic.in 10th Results 2016 CBSE Board: CBSE Class 10th X Exam Result 2016 to be announced today on May 28 at 2 PM
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data