Russian Prez visits Taj, clicks pictures
Agra: Russian President Dimitry Medvedev
on Wednesday visited the Taj Mahal and the photographer in him could
not resist clicking pictures of the famous 17th century
`monument of love`.
Making a brief stopover here on his way from New Delhi
to Mumbai, the visiting dignitary along with members of his
delegation took a tour of the mausoleum, built by Mughal
emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
"I thank all those who preserve this wonder of the
world," 45-year-old Medvedev wrote in the visitors` book after
his tour of the Taj.
The President also took a number of photos of the
complex during his 90-minute stay and appreciated the
monument`s acoustics, with echoes lasting for 13 seconds
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!