Russian Prez visits Taj, clicks pictures
Agra: Russian President Dimitry Medvedev
on Wednesday visited the Taj Mahal and the photographer in him could
not resist clicking pictures of the famous 17th century
`monument of love`.
Making a brief stopover here on his way from New Delhi
to Mumbai, the visiting dignitary along with members of his
delegation took a tour of the mausoleum, built by Mughal
emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
"I thank all those who preserve this wonder of the
world," 45-year-old Medvedev wrote in the visitors` book after
his tour of the Taj.
The President also took a number of photos of the
complex during his 90-minute stay and appreciated the
monument`s acoustics, with echoes lasting for 13 seconds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing