Russian Prez visits Taj, clicks pictures
Agra: Russian President Dimitry Medvedev
on Wednesday visited the Taj Mahal and the photographer in him could
not resist clicking pictures of the famous 17th century
`monument of love`.
Making a brief stopover here on his way from New Delhi
to Mumbai, the visiting dignitary along with members of his
delegation took a tour of the mausoleum, built by Mughal
emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
"I thank all those who preserve this wonder of the
world," 45-year-old Medvedev wrote in the visitors` book after
his tour of the Taj.
The President also took a number of photos of the
complex during his 90-minute stay and appreciated the
monument`s acoustics, with echoes lasting for 13 seconds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!