Russian Prez visits Taj, clicks pictures
Agra: Russian President Dimitry Medvedev
on Wednesday visited the Taj Mahal and the photographer in him could
not resist clicking pictures of the famous 17th century
`monument of love`.
Making a brief stopover here on his way from New Delhi
to Mumbai, the visiting dignitary along with members of his
delegation took a tour of the mausoleum, built by Mughal
emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
"I thank all those who preserve this wonder of the
world," 45-year-old Medvedev wrote in the visitors` book after
his tour of the Taj.
The President also took a number of photos of the
complex during his 90-minute stay and appreciated the
monument`s acoustics, with echoes lasting for 13 seconds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read