Russian Prez visits Taj, clicks pictures
Agra: Russian President Dimitry Medvedev
on Wednesday visited the Taj Mahal and the photographer in him could
not resist clicking pictures of the famous 17th century
`monument of love`.
Making a brief stopover here on his way from New Delhi
to Mumbai, the visiting dignitary along with members of his
delegation took a tour of the mausoleum, built by Mughal
emperor Shah Jahan for his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
"I thank all those who preserve this wonder of the
world," 45-year-old Medvedev wrote in the visitors` book after
his tour of the Taj.
The President also took a number of photos of the
complex during his 90-minute stay and appreciated the
monument`s acoustics, with echoes lasting for 13 seconds
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Injured Steve O'Keefe to return home, Jon Holland named as replacement
- PSU banks employees strike may affect transactions worth Rs 15,000 crore
- Raj Thackeray meets Uddhav, triggers talk of Shiv Sena-MNS reconciliation ahead of BMC polls
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why
- Germany legend Bastian Schweinsteiger retires from international football