Russian shipyard launches Indian stealth frigates `Teg`
Moscow: Russia`s defence shipyard "Yantar"
has launched first of the three Indian stealth frigates - INS
Teg (Sabre) - at a colourful ceremony in the Baltic enclave of
Under USD 1.6 billion contract signed in July 2006, INS
Teg begins the second series of three Project 11356 Talwar
Class (Krivak-III) stealth guided missile frigates to be
followed by INS Tarkash (Quiver) and INS Trikand (Bow).
INS Teg was launched with the recitation of Vedic hymns by
Indian naval attache in Moscow Commodore S K Grewal and
breaking of coconut by the Indian Consul General in St
Petersburg Radhika Lal Lokesh.
Russia has previously built three Talwar class frigates
for India -- INS Talwar (from the Hindi language meaning
Sword), INS Trishul (Trident), and INS Tabar (Axe).
In accordance with the Russian tradition, a bottle of
champagne was broken at its hull by its `god mother` Raisa
Romashko, who is an eminent shipbuilder of Russia.
"The trials of INS Teg will start in 2010," "Yantar"
shipyard Director General Igor Orlov was quoted as saying by
Military TV Channel "Zvezda".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof