Russian woman found dead in Goa hotel
Panaji: A 33-year-old Russian lady was found
dead in her hotel room at Arapora area in North Goa last night, police said.
The deceased identified as Elena was found dead in her
room, where she was staying alone, at around 10 pm.
Police inspector Manjunath Desai said the lady had
arrived in the state on tourist visa six days back and was
supposed to return back to Russia on March 24. She had
travelled alone to India.
Anjuna police were informed about the incident by hotel
staff who had opened her room with a master key when she did
not respond to their calls last evening.
"The door was locked from inside," Desai said. Police
have sent the body for postmortem.
According to official data, about 40,000 Russians visit
Goa annually and the count is increasing.
The state has recently witnessed a spate of crime against
foreigners, including a rape of nine-year-old Russian girl
reported in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days