Russian woman found dead in Goa hotel
Panaji: A 33-year-old Russian lady was found
dead in her hotel room at Arapora area in North Goa last night, police said.
The deceased identified as Elena was found dead in her
room, where she was staying alone, at around 10 pm.
Police inspector Manjunath Desai said the lady had
arrived in the state on tourist visa six days back and was
supposed to return back to Russia on March 24. She had
travelled alone to India.
Anjuna police were informed about the incident by hotel
staff who had opened her room with a master key when she did
not respond to their calls last evening.
"The door was locked from inside," Desai said. Police
have sent the body for postmortem.
According to official data, about 40,000 Russians visit
Goa annually and the count is increasing.
The state has recently witnessed a spate of crime against
foreigners, including a rape of nine-year-old Russian girl
reported in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere