Russian woman found dead in Goa hotel
Panaji: A 33-year-old Russian lady was found
dead in her hotel room at Arapora area in North Goa last night, police said.
The deceased identified as Elena was found dead in her
room, where she was staying alone, at around 10 pm.
Police inspector Manjunath Desai said the lady had
arrived in the state on tourist visa six days back and was
supposed to return back to Russia on March 24. She had
travelled alone to India.
Anjuna police were informed about the incident by hotel
staff who had opened her room with a master key when she did
not respond to their calls last evening.
"The door was locked from inside," Desai said. Police
have sent the body for postmortem.
According to official data, about 40,000 Russians visit
Goa annually and the count is increasing.
The state has recently witnessed a spate of crime against
foreigners, including a rape of nine-year-old Russian girl
reported in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?