S Bal Shekar to act as Lok Sabha secretary general: Speaker
New Delhi: S Bal Shekar, the secretary in the Lok Sabha secretariat, has been asked to perform the duties of the Lok Sabha secretary general after TK Vishwanathan relinquished his office on August 31.
Making the announcement in the Lok Sabha today, Speaker Meira Kumar said Vishwanathan has relinquished his office on August 31. He had served in the post since October 1, 2010.
"In recognition of his services to Lok Sabha, I have great pleasure in announcing that Sri Vishwanathan has been appointed as honorary officer of the House," Kumar said.
Shekar, secretary in the Lok Sabha secretariat, will be performing the duties of secretary general for the time being, Kumar said.
She praised Vishwanathan, saying he had a thorough knowledge of parliamentary practices, procedures and constitutional matters which greatly helped the presiding officers and the panel of chairmen in conducting the proceedings of the House in a smooth and orderly manner.
"He helped in successfully organising various international parliamentary conferences, seminars and workshops by the Indian Parliament and had also been of great help to Indian parliamentary delegations attending international parliamentary conferences and on goodwill visits to foreign Parliaments," the speaker said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about