S Ramadoss wants Sri Lankan envoy to be sent back
Chennai: Pattali Makkal Katchi`s founder S Ramadoss has demanded that the Indian Government should take steps to send back Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner Vadivel Krishnamoorthy.
"The Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner here is functioning like Karuna and others there (in Sri Lanka). He is spying over here and so such a Deputy High Commissioner is not necessary in this state. We will protest to send him back," said Ramadoss.
Krishnamoorthy recently said that the camps for displaced Tamils in Lanka were not a zoo to be visited by people from other countries.
The fate of Sri Lanka`s Tamils has often sparked protests in India, including from sympathisers of Tamil separatist militants who were defeated by Lankan military earlier this year.
More than 260,000 Tamils live in camps in Sri Lanka, displaced during the 25-year war between the government and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you
- IPL 2016: Sunil Gavaskar thinks de Villiers is 'AB-CDE' - Find out why!
- Batla House encounter: Subramanian Swamy calls for NIA probe against Digvijay Singh