S Ramadoss wants Sri Lankan envoy to be sent back
Chennai: Pattali Makkal Katchi`s founder S Ramadoss has demanded that the Indian Government should take steps to send back Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner Vadivel Krishnamoorthy.
"The Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner here is functioning like Karuna and others there (in Sri Lanka). He is spying over here and so such a Deputy High Commissioner is not necessary in this state. We will protest to send him back," said Ramadoss.
Krishnamoorthy recently said that the camps for displaced Tamils in Lanka were not a zoo to be visited by people from other countries.
The fate of Sri Lanka`s Tamils has often sparked protests in India, including from sympathisers of Tamil separatist militants who were defeated by Lankan military earlier this year.
More than 260,000 Tamils live in camps in Sri Lanka, displaced during the 25-year war between the government and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube