S Ramadoss wants Sri Lankan envoy to be sent back
Chennai: Pattali Makkal Katchi`s founder S Ramadoss has demanded that the Indian Government should take steps to send back Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner Vadivel Krishnamoorthy.
"The Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner here is functioning like Karuna and others there (in Sri Lanka). He is spying over here and so such a Deputy High Commissioner is not necessary in this state. We will protest to send him back," said Ramadoss.
Krishnamoorthy recently said that the camps for displaced Tamils in Lanka were not a zoo to be visited by people from other countries.
The fate of Sri Lanka`s Tamils has often sparked protests in India, including from sympathisers of Tamil separatist militants who were defeated by Lankan military earlier this year.
More than 260,000 Tamils live in camps in Sri Lanka, displaced during the 25-year war between the government and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test