S Ramadoss wants Sri Lankan envoy to be sent back
Chennai: Pattali Makkal Katchi`s founder S Ramadoss has demanded that the Indian Government should take steps to send back Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner Vadivel Krishnamoorthy.
"The Sri Lankan Deputy High Commissioner here is functioning like Karuna and others there (in Sri Lanka). He is spying over here and so such a Deputy High Commissioner is not necessary in this state. We will protest to send him back," said Ramadoss.
Krishnamoorthy recently said that the camps for displaced Tamils in Lanka were not a zoo to be visited by people from other countries.
The fate of Sri Lanka`s Tamils has often sparked protests in India, including from sympathisers of Tamil separatist militants who were defeated by Lankan military earlier this year.
More than 260,000 Tamils live in camps in Sri Lanka, displaced during the 25-year war between the government and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE).
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments
- 162 children die in four months in Pakistan's Tharparkar district