SAARC Conference for Library Professionals inaugurated
Greater Noida: A two-day SAARC conference for Library and Information Professionals was inaugurated Saturday at Birla Institute of Management Technology here.
Around 220 delegates attended the conference which also included 60 delegates of countries like Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Maldives.
The conference was inaugurated by the Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra, a Supreme Court judge and Kesang Dechen, Deputy Director of the SAARC Documentation Centre, New Delhi.
"Library used to be relevant for the older generation but is now turning into a store house only for those who are in research work. So we should take steps to collaborate library science and modern system to make it useful to modern age," Mishra told reporters here.
"Trends and development in library and information science has brought wonderful opportunities to the seekers of knowledge. To understand the challenges and opportunities of the digital era, the conference was organised," Director, BIMTECH, H Chaturvedi said.
The objective of the conference is to bring together Library Information Science professionals from SAARC countries to deliberate on trends and developments in library and information science and to discuss capacity building in libraries with respect to the new technological information avenues available in the present era, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in