SAARC Conference for Library Professionals inaugurated
Greater Noida: A two-day SAARC conference for Library and Information Professionals was inaugurated Saturday at Birla Institute of Management Technology here.
Around 220 delegates attended the conference which also included 60 delegates of countries like Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Maldives.
The conference was inaugurated by the Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra, a Supreme Court judge and Kesang Dechen, Deputy Director of the SAARC Documentation Centre, New Delhi.
"Library used to be relevant for the older generation but is now turning into a store house only for those who are in research work. So we should take steps to collaborate library science and modern system to make it useful to modern age," Mishra told reporters here.
"Trends and development in library and information science has brought wonderful opportunities to the seekers of knowledge. To understand the challenges and opportunities of the digital era, the conference was organised," Director, BIMTECH, H Chaturvedi said.
The objective of the conference is to bring together Library Information Science professionals from SAARC countries to deliberate on trends and developments in library and information science and to discuss capacity building in libraries with respect to the new technological information avenues available in the present era, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands