SAARC Conference for Library Professionals inaugurated
Greater Noida: A two-day SAARC conference for Library and Information Professionals was inaugurated Saturday at Birla Institute of Management Technology here.
Around 220 delegates attended the conference which also included 60 delegates of countries like Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Maldives.
The conference was inaugurated by the Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra, a Supreme Court judge and Kesang Dechen, Deputy Director of the SAARC Documentation Centre, New Delhi.
"Library used to be relevant for the older generation but is now turning into a store house only for those who are in research work. So we should take steps to collaborate library science and modern system to make it useful to modern age," Mishra told reporters here.
"Trends and development in library and information science has brought wonderful opportunities to the seekers of knowledge. To understand the challenges and opportunities of the digital era, the conference was organised," Director, BIMTECH, H Chaturvedi said.
The objective of the conference is to bring together Library Information Science professionals from SAARC countries to deliberate on trends and developments in library and information science and to discuss capacity building in libraries with respect to the new technological information avenues available in the present era, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore