SAARC Conference for Library Professionals inaugurated
Greater Noida: A two-day SAARC conference for Library and Information Professionals was inaugurated Saturday at Birla Institute of Management Technology here.
Around 220 delegates attended the conference which also included 60 delegates of countries like Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Maldives.
The conference was inaugurated by the Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra, a Supreme Court judge and Kesang Dechen, Deputy Director of the SAARC Documentation Centre, New Delhi.
"Library used to be relevant for the older generation but is now turning into a store house only for those who are in research work. So we should take steps to collaborate library science and modern system to make it useful to modern age," Mishra told reporters here.
"Trends and development in library and information science has brought wonderful opportunities to the seekers of knowledge. To understand the challenges and opportunities of the digital era, the conference was organised," Director, BIMTECH, H Chaturvedi said.
The objective of the conference is to bring together Library Information Science professionals from SAARC countries to deliberate on trends and developments in library and information science and to discuss capacity building in libraries with respect to the new technological information avenues available in the present era, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read