Sabarimala temple launches website
Sabarimala (Kerala): Devotees thronging the famous hill shrine of Lord Ayyappa here can now access information on queue status for darshan, weather conditions and other details through a website and an SMS facility.
Besides, a digital monitoring system has also been launched by the state police for screening devotees as part of security measures at the shrine which attracts lakhs of pilgrims from across the country, a temple release said today.
Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan inaugurated the facilities last weekend.
The website www.sabarimala.keralapolice.gov.in focuses on helping devotees in getting police assistance and other information related to the pilgrimage.
It offers information in English, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu on the number of devotees waiting for darshan, movement of devotees in the hill route and other necessary arrangements regarding darshan.
The site also has warnings issued by the temple administration and various government agencies, puja timings besides a photo gallery.
The devotees can also send an SMS to 537252 and get information.
As part of the digital monitoring system, twenty cameras had been installed at various points between Pamba at the foothills and the temple for identifying any anti-social elements, the release said.
Balakrishnan reviewed the security arrangements with officers from Kerala Police, Rapid Action Force (RAF) , National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) and the Devasom Board. Measures for increasing the security at Sabarimala and Pamba were discussed in the review meeting.
Another release said the temple netted an income of Rs 53.90 crore by way of sale of `prasadams` and `hundi` collection till December 10. Last year the collection during the same period was Rs 47 crore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list