Sabotage caused Rajdhani derailment?
Patna: After initial investigations, the rail safety officials and forensic experts on Tuesday confirmed that missing tracks actually triggered the derailment of 14 coaches of the New Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express near Nawgachia railway station in Bhagalpur district of Bihar.
The experts found that nearly two-metre-long tracks of the express train were missing after they conducted a thorough search of the railway tracks.
Officials are now trying to establish how and when the tracks were removed and whether it was the handiwork of the Maoists to derail the high profile train.
Although no timeframe has been set up, the railways inquiry team is shortly expected to submit its findings into the case.
The development came hours after 14 coaches of the Delhi-Guwahati Rajdhani Express derailed near Nawgachia railway station in Bihar early this morning.
The incident occurred at around 6:40am between Nawgachia and Kharik Railway Station, about 200 kms from here, after the driver of the Rajdhani Express reportedly heard a loud explosion and applied emergency brakes, leading to the derailment.
However, all passengers were reported to be safe.
When quizzed about the Maoists link to the incident, East Central Railway Chief Public Relations Officer Dilip Kumar said, "It is too early to say anything.”
Due to the incident, the traffic has disrupted on the busy corridor.
A medical team was rushed to the spot, even as there are reports suggesting that some passengers have been injured in the incident.
Also, a team of engineers and rail safety experts were also rushed to the spot to asses the damage and carry out repair works. However, heavy rainfall in the region is hampering repair work.
Special arrangements were made by the Railway authorities to shift the
passengers of Rajdhani Express from Naugachia railway station for onward journey.
Meanwhile, Railways have set up helpline numbers in Delhi for the convenience of the passengers and their families. The New Delhi railway helpline numbers are 011-23341074, 011-23341072 and Old Delhi - 011-23967332, 011-23962389, Nawgachia 06421-211345.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi