Sachin Tendulkar cynosure of all eyes in Rajya Sabha
New Delhi: Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar was the cynosure of all eyes in Rajya Sabha on Monday on the first day of the Monsoon Session of Parliament.
Wearing blue striped shirt and black trousers, Tendulkar walked in with Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla well before the House was called to order.
Tendulkar, who was nominated as a Rajya Sabha member in April last year along with Bollywood actor Rekha and businesswoman Anu Aga, shook hands with some MPs before taking his seat.
He was soon engrossed in animated discussion with noted lyricist Javed Akhtar, sitting next to him.
All the while, his wife Anjali watched from the visitors` gallery.
Tendulkar thumped the desk when Chairman Hamid Ansari congratulated the Indian cricket team for winning the Champions Trophy.
When the House was adjourned for 10 minutes following disruptions, some MPs walked up to him to shake hands.
Tendulkar went up to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and shook hands with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead