Sachin Tendulkar to be Rahul Gandhi’s neighbour
New Delhi: Sachin Tendulkar will now be Rahul Gandhi`s neighbour in Delhi.
Tendulkar, who took oath as Rajya Sabha member on Monday, has been allotted 5 Tughlak Lane bungalow, a type VII accommodation normally given to cabinet-rank ministers.
The stately house in Lutyen`s zone is just opposite the house of Gandhi, who stays at 12 Tughlak Lane.
Spread over 7000 sq feet, the bungalow allotted to Tendulkar has spacious bedrooms and big lawns.
Sources said the final formalities are being conducted by the Rajya Sabha Housing Committee, which is responsible for allotments to Rajya Sabha MPs.
Since Tendulkar is entitled Z-plus security cover, his house will be guarded by a posse of security personnel. Two escort vehicles will also be provided to him when he is in the capital.
However, there is a slight hitch in occupying the house before August by the cricketer turned MP. The bungalow is yet to be vacated by the present occupant Vikram Verma, a former BJP MP. Verma`s Rajya Sabha term expired in April.
"I have been given an extension of three months for staying in 5, Tughlaq Lane so I will vacate it by August," Verma said.
When told that Tendulkar is moving to this house, Verma said. "I was a Sports Minister and I would be happy if Sachin is given the house."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday