Sack PJ Thomas, BJP tells govt
New Delhi: Demanding that Central Vigilance Commissioner PJ Thomas be sacked, BJP on Tuesday said he should not be provided with an "escape route" by allowing him to resign in the wake of observations made by the Supreme Court against him.
"He should be sacked. He should not be given an escape route by allowing him to resign," BJP Deputy Leader in the Rajya Sabha S S Ahluwalia told reporters.
He was asked to comment on media reports that Thomas has been asked to resign.
"Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had given her dissent note but the Prime Minister and the Home Minister insisted on appointing him...he is named in the chargesheet as an accused in a 10-year-old case in Kerala," he said.
He claimed that while government had claimed that Thomas was not an accused, a RTI reply revealed that his name is still in the chargesheet.
The Supreme Court had last week raised questions about Thomas` controversial appointment as CVC despite his name figuring as an accused in a criminal case. His name figures in the chargesheet filed in a Palmoleine export case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof