Sack PJ Thomas, BJP tells govt
New Delhi: Demanding that Central Vigilance Commissioner PJ Thomas be sacked, BJP on Tuesday said he should not be provided with an "escape route" by allowing him to resign in the wake of observations made by the Supreme Court against him.
"He should be sacked. He should not be given an escape route by allowing him to resign," BJP Deputy Leader in the Rajya Sabha S S Ahluwalia told reporters.
He was asked to comment on media reports that Thomas has been asked to resign.
"Leader of the Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj had given her dissent note but the Prime Minister and the Home Minister insisted on appointing him...he is named in the chargesheet as an accused in a 10-year-old case in Kerala," he said.
He claimed that while government had claimed that Thomas was not an accused, a RTI reply revealed that his name is still in the chargesheet.
The Supreme Court had last week raised questions about Thomas` controversial appointment as CVC despite his name figuring as an accused in a criminal case. His name figures in the chargesheet filed in a Palmoleine export case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH