Sacked Military Secretary to challenge court marti
New Delhi: Dismissed from Army for his role in the Sukna land scam, former Military Secretary Lt Gen Avadesh Prakash on Tuesday said he will challenge the decision of court martial and Gen V K Singh against him.
Prakash was ordered to be dismissed from service for his role in the Sukna land scam by a court martial in December 3 last year and the verdict was ratified by the Army Chief ten days before his scheduled retirement on May 31.
"I will go against the verdict of the General Court Martial (GCM) and Gen V K Singh`s decision to ratify it. I have full faith in the Indian justice system and the judicial procedures in the country," Prakash told PTI over phone.
Asked to react on Army Chief`s allegation that he was behind raking up the age row, the former Military Secretary said Gen Singh was "making all kinds of allegations against me and I don`t understand why he is doing so."
Commenting on his role in the age issue involving the Army Chief, Prakash said the whole episode started in 2006 during the tenure of Lt Gen Richard Khare and after subsequent investigations, Gen Singh accepted May 10, 1950 as his date of birth.
Prakash said after he became military secretary in May 2008, Gen Singh approached him to revive the age issue and on the directions of then Army Chief Gen Deepak Kapoor it was conveyed to him that the case is closed.
"But he kept insisting and wrote many letters and in May 2009 he expressed his annoyance with me in a letter. Thereafter, there was no further action as far as age issue is concerned," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP