Sacked SP leader Kamal Farooqui`s decision to join AAP likely today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Expelled Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Kamal Farooqui is likely to announce his decision on joining the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Monday.
The former SP leader had met Delhi Chief Minister and AAP convener Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday and said that “everybody” is keen to join AAP.
Farooqui was sacked by the SP as its secretary after he made a controversial comment that Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal was arrested because he was a Muslim.
AAP leader Sanjay Singh confirmed the recent development and said that discussions related to “Farooqui joining the party is on".
Apart from Farooqui, Adarsh Shastri, the grandson of former Indian Prime Minister late Lal Bahadur Shastri, has also decided to quit his a crore-plus plum salaried job at Apple to join the AAP.
Drawing a salary of Rs 1 crore a year, 40 years old Adarsh decided to join the AAP despite his father, Anil Shastri, being a Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details