Sacrifices by Marathas will always inspire us: Prez
Panipat: President Pratibha Patil on Sunday said that supreme sacrifices made by Marathas in Panipat would always inspire us to safeguard our borders.
Lauding the fight put up by Marathas in the third battle of Panipat, Patil said that the Marathas, inspired by the patriotism of Chatrpati Shivaji, had made supreme sacrifices which would always inspire people to protect the boundaries of
"Victory or defeat was not a big thing but the bravery shown by Marathas was also praised by Ahmed Shah Abdali," she said addressing a gathering during `Shaurya Diwas` function organised to commemorate the 251st anniversary of the third
battle of Panipat at Kala Amb in the district.
The function was organised by Maratha Jagriti Manch.
The President urged the youth to acquire knowledge and excel in skill development and take the country on the path of progress.
Stressing the importance of role of youth in nation building, Patil said India is a young country and we should use our youth power in making it a developed nation.
Patil described India as a nation of different religions, cultures, castes and languages. She said every Indian symbolises the diversity of the nation and mutual love and harmony are our traditions.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda also paid tributes to the martyrs and said brave Marathas have a glorious history.
Panipat had witnessed three historical battles and Kala Amb is a historical place where the third battle of Panipat was fought between Marathas and Ahmed Shah Abdali.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires