Sad day for democracy: Trinamool Congress
New Delhi: The Trinamool Congress Thursday said the adjournment sine die of the Rajya Sabha without vote on the Lokpal bill was shameful and a sad day for democracy.
"It is shameful, a sad day for democracy. Disappointment is a mild word for it," said Trinamool MP Derek O`Brien.
The Trinamool, a constituent of the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA), was dead opposed to the bill`s provision on Lokayuktas in states, and feared loss of their federal autonomy under it. Trinamool had moved around 37 amendments for complete separation of the Lokayuktas from the Lokpal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state