Sad day for democracy: Trinamool Congress
New Delhi: The Trinamool Congress Thursday said the adjournment sine die of the Rajya Sabha without vote on the Lokpal bill was shameful and a sad day for democracy.
"It is shameful, a sad day for democracy. Disappointment is a mild word for it," said Trinamool MP Derek O`Brien.
The Trinamool, a constituent of the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA), was dead opposed to the bill`s provision on Lokayuktas in states, and feared loss of their federal autonomy under it. Trinamool had moved around 37 amendments for complete separation of the Lokayuktas from the Lokpal bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY