Sad Trivedi had to quit as Rail Minister: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday informed Parliament that he has accepted Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s resignation and forwarded the same to the President for acceptance.
While responding to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address, Prime Minister Singh said, "I regret the departure of Shri Trivedi."
“I had received an email last night. Then I got a formal letter by Shri Dinesh Trivedi tendering his resignation... I have forwarded the resignation letter to the President and proposed that it be accepted.
“We will have a new Rail Minister soon,” the PM added.
Trinamool Congress’ Trivedi was forced to quit as Railway Minister by his party chief after he raised passenger fares in the Rail Budget presented last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?