Sad Trivedi had to quit as Rail Minister: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday informed Parliament that he has accepted Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s resignation and forwarded the same to the President for acceptance.
While responding to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address, Prime Minister Singh said, "I regret the departure of Shri Trivedi."
“I had received an email last night. Then I got a formal letter by Shri Dinesh Trivedi tendering his resignation... I have forwarded the resignation letter to the President and proposed that it be accepted.
“We will have a new Rail Minister soon,” the PM added.
Trinamool Congress’ Trivedi was forced to quit as Railway Minister by his party chief after he raised passenger fares in the Rail Budget presented last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch