Sad Trivedi had to quit as Rail Minister: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday informed Parliament that he has accepted Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s resignation and forwarded the same to the President for acceptance.
While responding to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address, Prime Minister Singh said, "I regret the departure of Shri Trivedi."
“I had received an email last night. Then I got a formal letter by Shri Dinesh Trivedi tendering his resignation... I have forwarded the resignation letter to the President and proposed that it be accepted.
“We will have a new Rail Minister soon,” the PM added.
Trinamool Congress’ Trivedi was forced to quit as Railway Minister by his party chief after he raised passenger fares in the Rail Budget presented last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'