Sad Trivedi had to quit as Rail Minister: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday informed Parliament that he has accepted Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s resignation and forwarded the same to the President for acceptance.
While responding to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address, Prime Minister Singh said, "I regret the departure of Shri Trivedi."
“I had received an email last night. Then I got a formal letter by Shri Dinesh Trivedi tendering his resignation... I have forwarded the resignation letter to the President and proposed that it be accepted.
“We will have a new Rail Minister soon,” the PM added.
Trinamool Congress’ Trivedi was forced to quit as Railway Minister by his party chief after he raised passenger fares in the Rail Budget presented last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!