Sad Trivedi had to quit as Rail Minister: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday informed Parliament that he has accepted Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi’s resignation and forwarded the same to the President for acceptance.
While responding to the debate on the Motion of Thanks to the President’s address, Prime Minister Singh said, "I regret the departure of Shri Trivedi."
“I had received an email last night. Then I got a formal letter by Shri Dinesh Trivedi tendering his resignation... I have forwarded the resignation letter to the President and proposed that it be accepted.
“We will have a new Rail Minister soon,” the PM added.
Trinamool Congress’ Trivedi was forced to quit as Railway Minister by his party chief after he raised passenger fares in the Rail Budget presented last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed