SAD welcomes BJP’s decision of Modi as PM
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, on Friday welcomed decision to declare Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for next year`s Lok Sabha elections, terming it a right decision taken by the party.
SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, while congratulating Modi, said people of the country are eager to topple the "directionless UPA government" led by Congress.
Sukhbir, who assured firm support of his party to Modi`s candidature, had thrown his weight behind the Gujarat Chief Minister, saying that he had a "strong public appeal" and "proven track record."
"Modi is a capable leader, and has done remarkable development work in Gujarat. Many states are following practices adopted by his state," he had said earlier on Friday.
Shiromani Akali Dal had made it clear that it would support any leader selected by BJP as its Prime Ministerial candidate, and today, Sukhbir reiterated his party`s stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal