SAD welcomes BJP’s decision of Modi as PM
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, on Friday welcomed decision to declare Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for next year`s Lok Sabha elections, terming it a right decision taken by the party.
SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, while congratulating Modi, said people of the country are eager to topple the "directionless UPA government" led by Congress.
Sukhbir, who assured firm support of his party to Modi`s candidature, had thrown his weight behind the Gujarat Chief Minister, saying that he had a "strong public appeal" and "proven track record."
"Modi is a capable leader, and has done remarkable development work in Gujarat. Many states are following practices adopted by his state," he had said earlier on Friday.
Shiromani Akali Dal had made it clear that it would support any leader selected by BJP as its Prime Ministerial candidate, and today, Sukhbir reiterated his party`s stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi