SAD welcomes BJP’s decision of Modi as PM
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, on Friday welcomed decision to declare Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for next year`s Lok Sabha elections, terming it a right decision taken by the party.
SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, while congratulating Modi, said people of the country are eager to topple the "directionless UPA government" led by Congress.
Sukhbir, who assured firm support of his party to Modi`s candidature, had thrown his weight behind the Gujarat Chief Minister, saying that he had a "strong public appeal" and "proven track record."
"Modi is a capable leader, and has done remarkable development work in Gujarat. Many states are following practices adopted by his state," he had said earlier on Friday.
Shiromani Akali Dal had made it clear that it would support any leader selected by BJP as its Prime Ministerial candidate, and today, Sukhbir reiterated his party`s stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble