SAD welcomes BJP’s decision of Modi as PM
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal, a key constituent of the NDA, on Friday welcomed decision to declare Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as its Prime Ministerial candidate for next year`s Lok Sabha elections, terming it a right decision taken by the party.
SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal, while congratulating Modi, said people of the country are eager to topple the "directionless UPA government" led by Congress.
Sukhbir, who assured firm support of his party to Modi`s candidature, had thrown his weight behind the Gujarat Chief Minister, saying that he had a "strong public appeal" and "proven track record."
"Modi is a capable leader, and has done remarkable development work in Gujarat. Many states are following practices adopted by his state," he had said earlier on Friday.
Shiromani Akali Dal had made it clear that it would support any leader selected by BJP as its Prime Ministerial candidate, and today, Sukhbir reiterated his party`s stand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder