Sadananda Gowda clarifies Modi govt`s move to hike rail passenger fare
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: After the hike in railway passenger fare by 14 percent, Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda on Friday clarified the move by the Central government saying he was forced to implement the order of interim budget which was done by the previous government.
“To meet all the expenditures, I was forced to implement the orders given by the previous government,” he said on rail fare hike.
The decision by the NDA government was not received well by other political parties as they slammed the move of hike in passenger fare and freight charges, with many politicians demanding a rollback in fare hike.
“I Strongly condemn this, shows government`s hypocrisy,” said CPI(M) leader Brinda Karat on hike in train fares for passengers, while Congress leader Manish Tewari said that the NDA government should have waited for the Rail Budget to be tabled, adding that, “Same people opposed previous government for any important economic decision on grounds of burdening common people, ironical.”
The Rail Budget is likely to be presented by the Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda in the second week of next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical