‘Saeed using Pak for hate campaign against India’
Washington: India`s Foreign Minister has said the mastermind behind the 2008 Mumbai attacks is still using Pakistan for a "hate India campaign."
External Affairs Minister SM Krishna said that the peace process between the South Asian rival nations would continue but that Pakistan has to help "checkmate" terrorist groups for relations to be normalised. Krishna will visit Pakistan next month.
He said India only has to look on Pakistani television to see that militant leader Hafiz Mohammad Saeed remains free.
"Assurances have been given to India by the leadership of Pakistan that Pakistan territory is not going to be used for anti-India activities," Krishna said after attending high-level US-India talks in Washington.
"This does not connect very well with a nation`s intention if it was to extend the hand of friendship to normalise relations," Krishna said.
The Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Toiba group Saeed founded is blamed for the Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people, the worst terror attack suffered by India.
Pakistan has resisted Indian demands to do more against Saeed, saying there isn`t sufficient evidence. He was kept under house arrest for several months after the attacks but authorities released him after he challenged his detention in court.
In April, the US put a USD 10 million bounty on Saeed. Days later, he held a provocative news conference, close to Pakistan`s military headquarters, saying the United States should give the reward to him, as it could contact him directly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you