Saffron is directly contrary to terrorism: Govindacharya
Nagpur: Saffron and terrorism are two opposite terms that can not be used together, said K N Govindacharya, former BJP ideologue, here on Monday adding that no "premature judgement" should be passed about involvement of Sangh Parivar members in bomb blasts.
Reacting to the term saffron terrorism, he said, "The two are directly contrary terms and cannot be used together. It is like describing milk as black in colour. It is a term coined by those who look at India from Europe’s point of view".
"We should not indulge in premature judgement. National Investigation Agency is merely an investigation agency. Let us wait some time before jumping to conclusion."
"Congress which made frequent use of the term -- saffron terror -- later toned down the attack fearing it will boomerang. From the term Hindu Terrorism, it switched to Saffron Terrorism and later to Sanghiya Terrorism," he said.
Govindacharya, who was in the city to promote anti-corruption drive of his organisation Bharat Vikas Sangham, also met RSS Supremo Mohan Bhagwat. But talking to reporters, Govindacharya denied the speculation that he may rejoin politics.
"Since 2000, I have maintained that I will not take to active politics and I stick to that resolve even now," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum