Saffron outfit protests against Aseemanand`s interview
New Delhi: A saffron outfit on Friday protested outside the office of the magazine which carried the interview of Swami Aseemanand, an accused in the Samjhauta Express blast case, in which he had claimed involvement of RSS leadership in terror acts.
The members of the outfit, Hindu Sena, burnt copies of the magazine and demanded a "public apology" for carrying the news article.
"We do not know whether Swami Aseemanand gave any such statement or not but how can a magazine print an allegation against such senior Hindu leaders based on the statement of an accused terrorist...," Vishnu Gupta, president of the outfit, said.
He alleged that accused in the Samjhauta Express blasts case have been in jail for years and were facing the brutality of police.
The outfit threatened to intensify the agitation if the magazine does not issue an "unconditional apology". RSS spokesman Ram Madhav has described as "concocted" Aseemanand`s purported interview with "Caravan" magazine in which he had claimed that the RSS leadership had sanctioned "Hindu terror conspiracy" that included the blasts in Samjhauta Express, Mecca Masjid and Ajmer Sharif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi