Sahai accuses Team Anna of playing into BJP hands
New Delhi: Accusing Team Anna of playing
into the hands of BJP, Union Minister Subodh Kant Sahai on Wednesday
said irrespective of the activists` anti-graft campaign,
Congress is committed to a strong Lokpal.
"BJP is trying to sail its boat through Team Anna. But
Team Anna itself is not capable of doing that...," Sahai said
at the sidelines of a function here.
"Anna Hazare is playing into certain political parties
including BJP and speaking their language. Hazare claims
himself to be a Gandhian so he should have at least control on
his language," the Tourism Minister said.
Reiterating Congress` stand, Sahai said, "Whatever they
want to say let them say. But this is a commitment of the
Congress party to have a strong Lokpal and our leadership,
whether Soniaji or Rahul Gandhi, is equally committed to it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender