Sahai denies any link with coal block of SKS Ispat
New Delhi: Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahai has denied having any links to a coal block of SKS Ispat and Power that the government has decided to cancel.
Sahai`s media adviser in a statement said the minister had never made any recommendation to anyone for allocation of the Rawanbhara coal block in Madhya Pradesh to SKS Ispat. The block was allocated to the firm, in which neither Sahai or his brother held any stake, on May 29, 2007.
Dismissing media reports, the statement said the minister had written to the Prime Minister on February 5, 2008 for allocation of coal blocks in Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh "in order to bring investment in the state of Jharkhand."
"The minister had not written any letter for the Rawanbhara Coal block situated in Madhya Pradesh and the block was allocated to SKS Ispat on May 29, 2007," the statement said. "Sahai and his brother do not hold any stake nor have promoted the company."
The statement said Sahai`s name was "needlessly" dragged in reports on de-allocation of the Rawanbhara coal block.
The government, on recommendation of an inter-ministerial group (IMG), on September 18 decided to de-allocate the Rawanbhara coal block given to SKS Ispat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!
- Viral video: Kapil Sharma’s take on ‘Angrezipanti’ will make you respect your mother tongue even more