Sahayak system being reviewed: Antony
New Delhi: The system of providing `Sahayaks` to officers and Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) has been taken up for review following recommendations of the Standing Committee on Defence, government told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
In a written reply to the House, Defence Minister AK Antony said, "As per recommendations of the Standing Committee on Defence, the system of Sahayaks in the Army has been taken up for review."
Sahayaks are authorised to officers and JCOs in the Army as per their entitlement while serving with formations functioning on war establishment, he said.
"These Sahayaks are actually combatant soldiers who are entitled to regular pay, allowances and other benefits befitting to their rank in their hierarchy," Antony said.
Replying to a separate question on restructuring of DRDO, the Defence Minister said the research and development agency is in process of implementing recommendations of the review committee headed by Dr P Rama Rao in this regard.
He informed the House that recommendations such as nomination of a nodal officers for interaction between DRDO and Services and introduction of Integrated Financial Advice (IFA) system for financial decentralisation have already been implemented.
Antony also informed that a dedicated Chief Controller Research and Development (Human Resource) has already been appointed by the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!