Sahayak system being reviewed: Antony
New Delhi: The system of providing `Sahayaks` to officers and Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) has been taken up for review following recommendations of the Standing Committee on Defence, government told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
In a written reply to the House, Defence Minister AK Antony said, "As per recommendations of the Standing Committee on Defence, the system of Sahayaks in the Army has been taken up for review."
Sahayaks are authorised to officers and JCOs in the Army as per their entitlement while serving with formations functioning on war establishment, he said.
"These Sahayaks are actually combatant soldiers who are entitled to regular pay, allowances and other benefits befitting to their rank in their hierarchy," Antony said.
Replying to a separate question on restructuring of DRDO, the Defence Minister said the research and development agency is in process of implementing recommendations of the review committee headed by Dr P Rama Rao in this regard.
He informed the House that recommendations such as nomination of a nodal officers for interaction between DRDO and Services and introduction of Integrated Financial Advice (IFA) system for financial decentralisation have already been implemented.
Antony also informed that a dedicated Chief Controller Research and Development (Human Resource) has already been appointed by the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir