Sahayak system being reviewed: Antony
New Delhi: The system of providing `Sahayaks` to officers and Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs) has been taken up for review following recommendations of the Standing Committee on Defence, government told the Lok Sabha on Monday.
In a written reply to the House, Defence Minister AK Antony said, "As per recommendations of the Standing Committee on Defence, the system of Sahayaks in the Army has been taken up for review."
Sahayaks are authorised to officers and JCOs in the Army as per their entitlement while serving with formations functioning on war establishment, he said.
"These Sahayaks are actually combatant soldiers who are entitled to regular pay, allowances and other benefits befitting to their rank in their hierarchy," Antony said.
Replying to a separate question on restructuring of DRDO, the Defence Minister said the research and development agency is in process of implementing recommendations of the review committee headed by Dr P Rama Rao in this regard.
He informed the House that recommendations such as nomination of a nodal officers for interaction between DRDO and Services and introduction of Integrated Financial Advice (IFA) system for financial decentralisation have already been implemented.
Antony also informed that a dedicated Chief Controller Research and Development (Human Resource) has already been appointed by the organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees