Salem denies charges in fake passport case
Bhopal: Gangster Abu Salem today denied all
charges against him in the alleged fake passport case and said
they were "fabricated" to ensure his extradition.
Salem, whose statement was recorded in the court of Chief
Judicial Magistrate Ramgopal Singh, claimed that he never
visited Bhopal or the city municipal corporation office in
connection with the case.
The court prepared a long questionnaire carrying 269
queries on the basis of statements of 36 witnesses, but Salem
answered all of them in negative and said that these questions
had nothing to do with him.
He said he was being framed and that all charges were
fabricated to get him extradited.
Salem along with his companions had allegedly acquired
passport from Bhopal on the basis of fake documents following
which cases were registered against them in 2001.
He also submitted an application carrying his signature
and told the court that police never got his signature
examined from hand-writing experts.
He further claimed that at the time when these fake
passports were made, he was in Dubai.
The extradited gangster said that if the case would have
been probed by CBI instead of local police, then the entire
truth behind it would have come out.
He also denied that he had any relation with his alleged
old associate Siraj, who turned prosecution witness in the
Salem was produced amid tight security in the court,
where the hearing lasted for nearly one-and-a-half hour. The
court has fixed August 17 as the next date of hearing in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP