Salman Khan hails `good man` Narendra Modi, says let the best man be the PM
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Ahemdabad: In what is likely to give a major boost to BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s run for the country`s top job, superstar Salman Khan on Tuesday praised development in his state and wished that the Gujarat Chief Minister gets what he deserves.
Speaking to reporters following his meeting with the Gujarat Chief Minister, Khan said, “I have been impressed by the development in Gujarat. Seeing everyone happy and content gives me immense pleasure. The best man for the country should be the PM, good man (Narendra Modi) is standing next to me.”
When quizzed by reporters as who according to him is the best man, the Bollywood superstar evaded a direct reply and said, “God should decide who should be the best man for India. ”
“Jo Modi sahab ke takdeer mei hai woh unko milega, (Modi will get what is in his destiny),” the actor said.
When further prodded by the reporters, Khan said, “Aap ke liye Modi saab hai best man, for me Priya Dutt is the best person in my Bandra constituency.”
The actor also urged the people of Gujarat to support Modi and elect him again and said that it is up to them to decide whom they want to see as the country`s next Prime Minister.
When sought a direct reply whether he supports Modi, Salman said that he is a film actor and has limited knowledge about politics, so he would say the least to avoid being dragged into any controversy.
Salman Khan also told the crowd in Ahmedabad that he has come to promote his upcoming move `Jai Ho` and felt very good to meet Narendra Modi.
On his turn, Narendra Modi said, “We welcome Salman Khan here, his presence will fill more colours in the kite flying event.”
“Salman Khan’s appearance will be a big boost to the development of tourism in the state,” Modi said.
Bollywood actor made these remarks following his meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Ahmedabad, days after a political controversy over his dance performance at a festival in Uttar Pradesh, where thousands of people in riot-hit Muzaffarnagar are struggling to survive.
Shortly after the meeting, the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate posted a picture of the meeting on his Twitter account. They later attended a traditional kite-flying festival together.
The 47-year-old actor is in Gujarat to promote his upcoming film Jai Ho. He was recently criticised for performing at the Saifai Mahotsav in Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s hometown, criticized for its lavish scale and poor timing at a time the state has been accused of neglecting Muzaffarnagar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement