Salman Khurshid arrives in Kathmandu
Kathmandu: India`s External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid arrived here on Tuesday on a day-long visit during which he will "extend support" to Nepal`s upcoming elections.
"To extend the support and cooperation to the elections, I am paying an official and goodwill visit to Nepal. We (India) support the choices made by Nepali people as whatever political system or what kind of constitution they want to set up here," Khurshid told mediapersons on his arrival.
The minister added that he will also discuss some `critical` area of Nepal-India cooperation. He did not elaborate on them.
Senior officials including Foreign Secretary Durga Prasad Bhattarai, Indian Ambassador to Nepal Jayanta Prasad and others welcomed him at Tribhuvan International Airport on his arrival in Kathmandu.
Leading a nine-member delegation, during his nine-hour stay in Kathmandu, he will meet President Ram Baran Yadav, Chairman of Interim Elections Council Khil Raj Regmi, his counterpart Madhav Ghimire and top leaders of major political parties of Nepal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred