Salman Khurshid arrives in Russia
Moscow: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid arrived here on Saturday to review the progress in bilateral relations since the India-Russia summit-level meeting in December last year.
Khurshid will co-chair the inter-session meeting of the Indo-Russian Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation (IRIGC) on Monday with Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.
The two sides are expected to have discussions on the entire gamut of bilateral relations in terms of trade, economic, commercial, science and technology matters and cultural cooperation.
Khurshid will also take the opportunity to meet with other senior members of the Russian leadership including Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
Rogozin was first appointed the Chair of this process from the Russian side last year when he visited India for an inter-sessional meeting.
Officials said since this was an inter-sessional meeting there would not be any outcomes in terms of documentation or Memoranda of Understanding for these meetings.
During the visit, Khurshid will also hold wide-ranging talks with Lavrov on bilateral relations, and international and regional issues.
The focus of the discussions is expected to be on the preparations for the annual Russia-India summit in December when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh travels here for a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray